Herman & Kittle Properties- Leasing Consultant
Location: West Lafayette, IN
Herman & Kittle Properties is seeking a Leasing Consultant. This may sound like a job you've done before, but this is more than just a job-it's a chance to work with a challenge-oriented and dedicated team of people, to take advantage of great benefits, and to work for a growing, healthy organization.
Why you'll be proud to work at Herman & Kittle Properties
At HKP, we hold three values dear: Culture, Community and Commitment. We call them "The 3 C's" and we strive to make sure our work reflects these values.
• Culture: As a team, we add value to the work we do in a competitive environment. Our employees seek to learn and gain new skills through coaching, professional development, and continuous improvement.
• Community: We define our community as the HKP family, customers, neighborhoods, and partners. We will have a positive effect on each community in which we work.
• Commitment: We set clear goals and objectives; then, we persevere. Regardless of the challenge, we face it together. This may mean working after hours, extensive negotiations, or creative solutions, but we see it through to the end.
Sound like a company you'd like to be involved with?
Are you ready to take on the challenge and achieve success?
Then let's talk about why you'll like doing this work.
The Leasing Consultant is responsible and accountable for leasing apartments and providing customer service to ensure maximum occupancy and resident retention.
You'll find this job appealing because you will:
• Lease apartments through telephone sales and apartment tours with prospective residents.
• Follow up and establish rapport with prospective residents and current residents.
• Provide excellent customer service at all times.
• Present apartment community in a professional manner at all times.
• Coordinate move ins and move outs to provide for an enjoyable experience for all residents.
• Manage lease negotiations, assist with resident retention and manage the renewal process.
• Assist in providing and maintaining excellent curb appeal.
• Maintain compliance policies and procedures as set forth from HKP and the Compliance Department.
• Write work order requests, follow up with residents regarding completed work orders and enter information into Yardi.
• Assist manager with rent and delinquency collection.
• Assist manager in providing account information to the property supervisor and credit agencies.
• Assist manager with resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
• Supervise all neighborhood committee activities.
• Provide outside marketing and establish rapport with local businesses and community agencies.
• Assist with office organization by filing and maintaining organized resident files.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
If this sounds like the job for you, then let's look at what makes you the person for us.
As we review candidates for this role, we'll be looking for these qualifications:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Student Property Experience Required
• Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret basic instructions, simple correspondence and present information one-on-one or in small groups.
• Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio and percentages and interpret basic graphs.
• Reasoning Skills - Ability to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions with common sense understanding. Ability to deal with problems that involve few variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills - Beginner experience with MS Office.
HOW YOU'LL BE REWARDED
We provide training to help you succeed!
Herman & Kittle Properties also offers a competitive compensation package, bonus potential, generous PTO & Holiday, health benefits (medical, vision, and dental), life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan. Starting hourly wage will be $10-$13 per hour, based on qualifications and experience.
And don't plan to be bored in this job. There is never a dull moment at Herman & Kittle!
More about Herman & Kittle Properties
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. (HKP) is the successor to companies that have been around since 1948, and has developed and managed multi-family homes for over 60 years. We develop, build, manage and own multi-family rental housing and self-storage facilities. HKP has developed and managed properties in nine states including high-quality apartment complexes and self-storage facilities throughout the Midwest and the Gulf Region. We currently manage a portfolio of over 100 properties, including over 8,000 apartment homes and over 12,000 self-storage units.
Herman and Kittle Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.