Herman & Kittle Properties-Property Manager - Market Rate
Location: Champaign/Urbana, IL
Herman & Kittle Properties is seeking a Property Manager. This may sound like a job you've done before, but this is more than just a job-it's a chance to work with a challenge-oriented and dedicated team of people, to take advantage of great benefits, and to work for a growing, healthy organization.
Why you'll be proud to work at Herman & Kittle Properties
At HKP, we hold three values dear: Culture, Community and Commitment. We call them "The 3 C's" and we strive to make sure our work reflects these values.
• Culture: As a team, we add value to the work we do in a competitive environment. Our employees seek to learn and gain new skills through coaching, professional development, and continuous improvement.
• Community: We define our community as the HKP family, customers, neighborhoods, and partners. We will have a positive effect on each community in which we work.
• Commitment: We set clear goals and objectives; then, we persevere. Regardless of the challenge, we face it together. This may mean working after hours, extensive negotiations, or creative solutions, but we see it through to the end.
Sound like a company you'd like to be involved with?
Are you ready to take on the challenge and achieve success?
Then let's talk about why you'll like doing this work.
The Property Manager is responsible and accountable for on-site operations and performance of a 500 unit apartment community.
You'll find this job appealing because you will:
• Direct property operations and staff in the most cost effective manner.
• Develop and manage annual budget.
• Maintain occupancy levels according to budget.
• Hire staff, manage performance of staff and address all employee relation issues.
• Manage, motivate and develop staff.
• Process new applications, re-certifications and provide required information to compliance.
• Maintain compliance policies and procedures.
• Supervise rent collection, rent ledgers, bank deposits and petty cash records.
• Pursue delinquent rents and evictions and provide required information to collection company.
• Provide account information to the Regional Supervisor.
• Direct all marketing and leasing activities and maintain targeted occupancy.
• Supervise resident relations and enforce all community rules and regulations.
• Supervise the maintenance staff, repairs, preventive maintenance and improvements.
• Supervise all landscaping, lawn care and snowplowing activities.
• Work with the Regional Supervisor to develop, monitor and achieve annual budget objectives.
• Show apartments to prospective residents.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
If this sounds like the job for you, then let's look at what makes you the person for us.
As we review candidates for this role, we'll be looking for these qualifications:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• 2 -3 years of experience required on a market rate product
• Property Management Experience Required
• Student Housing Experience Preferred
• Knowledge of YARDI software
• CAM, CAPS, ARM or similar recommended.
• Minimal travel required
• Language Skills - Ability to read, write, speak and interpret rules, procedures, routine reports/correspondence and to speak effectively with groups of employees and/or residents.
• Math Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide using whole numbers, fractions and decimals. Ability to compare rate, ratio and percentages and interpret basic graphs.
Reasoning Skills - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems that involve concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills - Intermediate experience with MS Office. Intermediate experience with property management software.
HOW YOU'LL BE REWARDED
We provide training to help you succeed!
Herman & Kittle Properties also offers a competitive compensation package, bonus potential, generous PTO & Holiday, health benefits (medical, vision, and dental), life insurance, and a 401(k) retirement plan.
And don't plan to be bored in this job. There is never a dull moment at Herman & Kittle!
More about Herman & Kittle Properties
Herman & Kittle Properties, Inc. (HKP) is the successor to companies that have been around since 1948, and has developed and managed multi-family homes for over 60 years. We develop, build, manage and own multi-family rental housing and self-storage facilities. HKP has developed and managed properties in nine states including high-quality apartment complexes and self-storage facilities throughout the Midwest and the Gulf Region. We currently manage a portfolio of over 100 properties, including over 8,000 apartment homes and over 12,000 self-storage units.
Herman and Kittle Properties is an Equal Opportunity Employer.